Deputy Sheriff Cadet Program (DSCP)
Sergeant Salvador Rodriguez
Join the Kane County Sheriff's Office Deputy Sheriff Program (DSCP), which provides first-hand experiences and insight into the operations of the department. The Deputy Sheriff Cadet's duties will include a wide-variety of assignments, like participating in Patrol functions and investigations functions, as well as training, community involvement and office duties.
More importantly, Deputy Sheriff Cadets will gain entry-level Deputy Sheriff training to better prepare them for a career at the Kane County Sheriff's Office as Deputy Sheriffs. While employed as a Deputy Sheriff Cadet, full-time attendance to a local community college will be reimbursed by the Kane County Sheriff's Office.
- Between 17 years of age, but not attained 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- One of the following:
- A) Graduated from high school
- B) Attained a GED (copy of GED certificate required).
- C) Obtained a home school certification through the Regional Superintendent of School.
- Have a minimum high school grade point average of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0 or equivalent (Copy of unofficial high school transcript required at time of application).
- Valid State of Illinois "Class D" driver's license.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be in excellent physical condition. (Will be required to pass POWER test within the first six months of hire).
- Must be able to meet vision standard at time of appointment. (Must be correctable to 20/20 with both eyes including field of vision/depth perception/color vision within normal ranges).
- Must be of excellent moral character and personal integrity.
- A subsequent polygraph and psychological examination will be required, in addition to a thorough background investigation, oral interview/examination, drug screen and per-employment physical.
- Beginning salary $13.50/hour.
- Health, dental and life insurance.
- Tuition provided toward an Associate Degree in a related-field.
- Full-time employment during school break and part-time employment up to 32 hours a week during college school year.
- A career path to Kane County Deputy Sheriff.
Have Questions or Need More Info?
If you have questions about the Kane County Sheriff's Office Cadet Position, the application process or the hiring process, please reach out to Program Coordinator Sgt. Salvador Rodriguez.