Stolen Vehicle Tracker

Sergeant Salvador Rodriguez Tracked Vehicle Logo
Administrative Training Officer
630-444-​3301 Office
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.​


Follow the below link to access the Kane County Sheriff’s Office's Stolen Vehicle Form. Filling out and submitting this form will allow law enforcement to access data location information for the described vehicle from the relevant car company if the car has been unlawfully taken and such information is available. Swift access to such information can help law enforcement recover the vehicle.

Once you have submitted the Stolen Vehicle Form, you will receive an informational packet and two stickers to place on your vehicle. The rear reflective and front windshield sticker, seen below, are designed to warn potential carjackers and auto thieves of your registration in our program.​


​What is the CCSO’s Tracked Vehicle Partnership?
The KCSO created a program to allow the public to give consent for law enforcement to access vehicle tracking information through the manufacturer in the event the car is illegally taken.

Who can sign up for the program?
Anyone who has a vehicle registered in Kane County may sign up.

Is my car trackable?
The KCSO recommends that you check with your dealer or vehicle manufacturer to verify if your car has tracking capabilities.​

Can I sign up for more than one vehicle?
Yes, you may sign up for all vehicles that you own. 

Is the KCSO going to be constantly tracking my vehicle?
No, the KCSO will only utilize the consent form after the vehicle has been ILLEGALLY taken and you notify law enforcement to generate a criminal complaint.

By signing this consent form, is the KCSO the only agency authorized to initiate manufacturer tracking if my vehicle is illegally taken or will this give all law enforcement agencies authorization to initiate tracking?
The consent form allows for the release of information to other law enforcement officers.

Where should I place the sticker on my vehicle?
We recommend the reflective sticker with the black border be placed on the rear driver side exterior of the vehicle. The silver sticker should be placed on the inside lower corner of the driver side windshield.

What should I do if my vehicle is carjacked?
When safe to do, call 911 and notify responding law enforcement that you have a consent form on file with the KCSO.​